University recommendations regarding COVID-19
As a result of the recommendation made by the Swedish Government’s on 17 March 2020 to cancel all university education that involves physical meetings in university premises in order to prevent the spread of disease, the Vice-Chancellor of Umeå University has made a decision. The decision below is, as of now, valid from 18 March 2020 until 7 June 2020 (end of the spring semester). Due to the rapid development, revisions to this decision can be made at a later date.
The Vice-Chancellor of Umeå University decides to abide by the Government recommendation.
The Vice-Chancellor has decided on the following
Bachelor’s level (first cycle) and master’s level (second cycle) education
- that all teaching involving physical meetings is cancelled and replaced with alternative instruction methods,
- that clinical placements will continue if the accountable authority gives approval and supervision for the student can be ensured,
- that with regard to clinical placements in health care, Umeå University awaits the regions’ standpoint on the issue and will return with guidelines as soon as it can be given,
- that thesis work and independent work must not be carried out on the university premises. Further guidelines on this matter will be announced,
- all examination or other testing formats that involve physical meetings are cancelled, postponed or replaced by other examination forms that do not include physical meetings. This does not include physical meetings in those internships or clinical placements that are allowed,
- to mandate the library director to decide that the University Library’s premises, including branches, will continue to be open but with limited opening hours (08:00-17:00 Monday to Friday and 10:00-16:00 Monday to Friday at the Umeå Arts Campus library). The possibility of booking group rooms has been discontinued,
- that the University’s other premises are closed to students. Exceptions apply to the Universum Building premises.
Welcome to the website of Umeå Student Union of Science and Technology. This is the student union for those who study at the faculty of science and technology at Umeå University.
The union work to make the students’ time at the university as good as possible. We do this by, for example, handling student queries and representing the students in working groups and boards at the university.
By becoming a member of the student union you get quite a few benefits such as reduced price at sittings at our student union house Origo and other discounts. Read more about member benefits here.
The student union council decides what the student union work with. The council consists of student union members and you can read more about it here.
Do you want to get in touch with someone at the student union? Come by the office at level 3 in the MIT building or use our contact information which you can find here.
Part of the student union board 19/20.
Come by the office and buy our profile products!
As a member of the student union you get the Mecenat card and STUK card which gives you loads of discounts!